Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> An essay on man text

An essay on man text

Oct/Sat/2017 | Uncategorized

An essay on man text

An essay on man text

Essay Writing Service -
An Essay on Man - Wikipedia

The Resume Is Dead, The Bio Is King. Who am I? How can I help you? How did I get here (i.e. know what I know)? Why can you trust me? What do we share in common? Your bio is the lynchpin for expanding your thought leadership and recognition, especially online. It frames the conversation and sets the an essay tone. It’s your job to reveal a bit about yourself and how you see the world. Do this well, and concluding about myself people will eagerly want to engage with you further.

Here’s the challenge: who taught you how to write your bio? Admittedly, most of us never got a lesson in this essential task. You’re not alone. Even the most skilled communicators get tongue-tied and twisted when trying to represent themselves in writing. An Essay Text. We fear the two extremes: obnoxious self-importance or boring earnestness. It gets further complicated when you’re in the midst of a career or business reinvention. You have to reconcile the different twists and essay turns of your past into a coherent professional storyline. On Man. The personal branding industry has only muddied the waters. It’s easy to feel turned off by the heavy-handed acts of self-promotion that the admission custom writing prompts various gurus out there say you’re supposed to do.

We’ve been told to carefully construct a persona that will differentiate and trademark our skills into a unique value proposition. That’s mostly a bunch of buzzword bingo bullshit. Instead, share more of what you really care about. And then write your bio in service to on man, your reader, not just ego validation. Imagine that: A compelling reason to tell your story beyond bragging to the world that you’re “kind of a big deal.” Embrace the importance life holy-grail of storytelling: tell a story that people can identify with as their own – and the need to persuade, convince, or sell them on text, anything disappears.

With all this in mind, here’s a few key pointers for reinventing your bio as a story: You’re a creative. Having something to say is the ultimate proof. What’s missing from the larger conversation? Speak to writing, that. Don’t be afraid to tell the bigger story. An Essay On Man. We want to know how you see the world. Show us that you have a unique perspective or fresh vantage point on the things that matter most. Experience. Explain the origin for how you came to see the world in an essay text, this way. Maybe it was something that happened to you as a kid or early in your career. Consider your superhero origins. How did you come into paper definition, these powers?

What set you off on this quest or journey? What’s the riddle or mystery you are still trying to an essay text, solve? When you tell the story of paper definition, who you were meant to be, it becomes an undeniable story. Natural authority is on man, speaking from the place of what you know and have lived. 3. Incorporate External Validators. Think frugally here. To paraphrase the artist De La Vega, we spend too much time trying to convince others, instead of believing in ourselves. Right. Nonetheless, if you’re doing something new, different, or innovative – you have to on man text, anchor it into the familiar. Help people see that your novel ideas are connected to things they recognize and essay custom trust. That might be your notable clients, press, publications, or things you’ve created. An Essay. Just enough to show people your story is for real.

4. Invite people into a relationship. Now that you’ve established you’ve got something to share, remind people you’re not so different from them. Vulnerability is the life new black. Share some guilty pleasures. Describe what you like to geek out on. On Man Text. Reveal a couple things you obsess about as hobbies or interests. This will make you more approachable and relatable. You’re human, too. Help people find the invisible lines of connection. To revamp your bio, start with these simple storytelling principles and questions above. In the process, you’ll discover a greater potential to shift how you see yourself and about myself how the world sees you.

Your story sets the boundaries for everything else that follows. If you’re having trouble being heard, recognized, or understood, it’s probably an issue related to your story and on man text identity. The good news? It’s never to late to reinvent your story. Have you updated your bio recently? What do you struggle with? The Best Creative Career Insights, Delivered Weekly. this is a gross generalization. in MEDICINE the b/business essay-related-1.txt CV is totally king. If you submit a Bio, you will not be looked at. A doctor that doesn#8217;t remember or just didn#8217;t pay attention to the very first sentence of the article #8220;If you’re a designer, entrepreneur, or creative#8230;#8221; Scary#8230; I hope you#8217;re not my doctor. I haven#8217;t cared about my resume in many years. An Essay. I find having great companies to decorate my resume to upend another company is a waste of time.

What matters for me are work that I can proudly say I did it by myself. That#8217;s all that matter for white research, me, not a fancy resume. #128578; Thanks for an essay text, input here much appreciated. So, here#8217;s the thing#8230;What do you do to an essay about, spice up a resume when asked for an essay on man, one? Hyperlinks, etc? Animoto? Yes, hyperlinks are fine. Make sure if you#8217;re applying to a company through their job board, the resume is standard (without pictures) so the applicant tracking system can read every word on your resume. Perfect for me. its like a story of your self, destined for succes. Again make sure your story is plain because CLARITY is also King. How long should your bio be?

And is it a part of your resume, or something you just post on your blog/ LinkedIn? I love it. Finally. Can you + Pinterest? thanksssss. Bio is always a king therefore we found http://www.biotuft.com. Thanks so much. In Our Life. This was to the point. An Essay On Man. More articles on Resumes, Bios Portfolios.

Grape Expectations: The Transformation of Wine Labels. Just a few years ago, most bottles of vino featured label designs that you might describe as “vintage”—and not in a good way. But things have changed. 99U heads to wine country to find out what’s behind this recent evolution. Turning Hand-Painted Ads into Social Media Magnets. Colossal Media uses old-school artistry to draw millions of eyeballs to paper definition research, big brands, from Nike to Netflix. How do they do it? A Real-Life Education in Protecting Your Creative Work In a Digital Age. Artist Syd Weiler’s Trash Doves sticker pack turned into an internet phenomenon earlier this year. Text. Then the importance of education nightmare began.

Here is what she learned about protecting art on the internet. An Essay. Creative Careers Demand Reinvention. We are what we do. Until the guillotine drops and animal we have to become our next best self, an on man, equally terrifying and essay importance exhilarating prospect. How Sophisticated Branding Aims to Make You Rethink Cannabis.

As the marijuana industry begins to mature, purveyors recognize the need to an essay, separate themselves with distinct branding. The hand-painted signs, bad puns, and Rastafarian flags that once defined the industry are giving way to sophisticated design that abandons aging stoners in favor of more upscale clientele. A five-step guide for how to build and concluding develop a compelling narrative, that can be adapted to an essay on man, your preferred storytelling medium.

Buy Essay Online -
Essay on Man by Alexander Pope - Full Text Free Book (Part…

Chapter 08 - Dating and an essay text, Mate Selection. Sixty years ago if you were of marrying age, you’d most likely select someone based on b/business 1 how your parents felt about an essay text it; how healthy the person appeared to be; how good/moral their character appeared to be; and how stable their economic resources appeared to be. Today we search for soul mates. Look around you in the classroom. How many potential mates are sitting there?

In other words, how many single females or males are there in the same classroom? Now of those, how many would you be attracted to as a date and how many can you tell just by watching them that you’d probably never date? These are the types of questions and answers we consider when we study dating and mate selection. In the United States there are millions of experience, people between the ages of 18-24 (18-24 is considered prime dating and mate selection ages). The US Census bureau estimates that 8.5 percent of the US population or about 26 million people are single and between the ages of 18-24 years that’s nearly 15 million males and 15 million females (retrieved 12 June 2014 SOURCE Tables 1 and 2; and calculation based on Table 57 Statistical Abstracts of the US SOURCE ). Those numbers should be very similar in 2010 when the Census is collected. Does that mean that you could have 15 million potential mates out an essay text there somewhere? Yes, potential yet no in realistic terms.

You see, it would take more time than any mortal has in essay-related-1.txt 1 their life to ever interact with that many people. Besides dating and an essay text, mate selection is importance in our not about volume it’s about quality and intimacy in an essay on man text the relationship. An Essay! To help you better understand this let’s learn a few key principles that apply to the realistic processes we use to date and mate select. When we see people we filter them as either being in or out of our pool of eligibles. Filtering is the an essay on man text, process of identifying those we interact with as either being in or out of our pool of people we might consider to be a date or mate. B/business School 1! There are many filters we use. One is physical appearance. We might include some because of tattoos and piercing or exclude some for the exact same physical traits. We might include some because they know someone we know or exclude the same people because they are total strangers. Figure 1 shows the basic date and mate selection principles that play into our filtering processes (This inverted pyramid metaphorically represents a filter that a liquid might be poured through to refine it; IE: coffee filter).

That couple in the bottom right-hand corner is my wife and I on a field trip to the Association for Applied and an essay on man, Clinical Sociology in Ypsilanti, Michigan. White! She and I travel without our children at least twice per year and we have been attending professional conferences together for more than a decade. We met in college in 1985. I was the maintenance man for all of the Women’s dorms and she lived in the dorms (I met many female friends through my work). We dated, became engaged and married in the same year. We worked together for 7 years to put me through my Associates, Bachelors’, Masters, Doctorate, then Post-doctoral fellowship. My wife now has her Bachelors’ degree and is shopping for her Masters. Higher education is a theme that emerged within our life experiences and has spilled over into our children’s’ lives now with 3 in college at this time. All of the principles discussed in this chapter applied to how my wife and I met, became friends, and chose to an essay text, marry. Essay Writing! They will likely apply to you and yours. Figure1: Types of Filters Used to an essay on man, Eliminate or Include Potential Dates and Mates.

Propenquity is the geographic closeness experienced by potential dates and admission essay prompts, mates. It’s the an essay text, proximity you might experience by: living in the same dorms or apartment buildings; going to essay on my experience, the same university or college; working in an essay on man the same place of an essay about, employment; or belonging to the same religious group. Proximity means that you both breathe the an essay on man, same air in the same place at about the same time. Paper! Proximity is crucial because the more you see one another or interact directly or indirectly with one another, the more likely you see each other as mates. An Essay Text! I often ask my students how they met and when they tell their stories I help them to identify the geography that was involved in the process. Physical appearance is subjective and is defined differently for each individual.

Truly, what one person finds as attractive is of education in our not what others find to be attractive. There are a few biological, psychological, and social-emotional aspects of appearance that tend to an essay text, make an individual more attractive to more people. B/business Essay-related-1.txt! These include slightly above average desirable traits and an essay on man, symmetry in facial features. According to the Centers for Disease Control the average man in the United States is 5 foot 10 inches tall and weighs about 177 pounds. The average woman is school essay-related-1.txt about 5 foot 4 inches tall and weighs about 144 pounds.

Did you just compare yourself? Most of us tend to compare ourselves to averages or to on man text, others we know. That’s how we come to define our personal level of attractiveness. This is important to understand that we subjectively judge ourselves as being more or less attractive; because we often limit our dating pool of eligibles to those we think are in our same category of beauty. If you are 6 foot tall as a man or 5 foot 8 as a woman, then you are slightly above average in height.

For men, if they have manly facial features (strong chin and white definition research, jaw and somewhat prominent brow); slight upper body musculature, and an essay on man, a slim waist then they’d have more universally desirable traits. For women: larger eyes, softer facial features and chin; fuller lips, and an hour-glass figure facilitate more universally desirable traits. So, here is the million dollar question: what if I don’t have these universally desirable traits? Am I excluded from the date and mate selection market? No. There is a principle that I have found to essay custom prompts, be the most powerful predictor of how we make our dating and mating selection choices--homogamy. Homogamy is the tendency for dates, mates, and spouses to pair off with someone of similar attraction, background, interests, and needs. This is an essay on man typically true for most couples. They find and pair off with persons of myself, similarity more than difference. On Man Text! Have you ever heard the colloquial phrase, opposites attract? To some degree they do, but typically they don’t form committed long-term relationships together.

One of school essay-related-1.txt, my students challenged this notion in the case of on man text, her own relationship. She said, My husband and I are so different. He like Mexican food, I like Italian. He likes rap and I like classical music. He likes water skiing and I like camping and hiking… I interrupted her and said, So you both like ethnic food, music, and outdoors. Do you vote on similar issues? Do you have similar family backgrounds?

Do you both come from a similar economic class? She answered yes to all three questions. Now, don’t misunderstand me. Couples are not identical, just similar. School Essay-related-1.txt! And we tend to find patterns that indicate that homogamy in a relationship can be indirectly supportive of a long-term relationship quality because it facilitates less disagreements and disconnections of routines in the daily life of a couple. On Man Text! I believe that we filter homogamously and white paper definition, even to the point that we do tend to marry someone like our parents. Here’s why, people from similar: economic class, ethnicity, religion, political persuasion, and lifestyles tend to hang out with others like themselves. Our mates resemble our parents more because we resemble our parents and we tend to look for others like ourselves. Heterogamy is the dating or pairing of individuals with differences in traits. All of us pair off with heterogamous and text, homogamous individuals with emphasis more on the latter than the former.

Over time, after commitments are made, couples often develop more homogamy. Some develop similar mannerisms; finish each other’s sentences; dress alike; develop mutually common hobbies and interests; and parent together. One of the most influential psychologists in the 1950-1960s was Abraham Maslow and his famous Pyramid of the Hierarchy of Needs (Google: A Theory of white definition research, Human Motivation, 1943, Psychological Review 50(4) (1943):370-96). Maslow’s pyramid has been taught in high schools and colleges for decades. Most of an essay on man text, my students tell me they’ve seen the pyramid or studied Maslow in more than once in myself previous class. Maslow sheds light on how and on man, why we pick the school essay-related-1.txt, person we pick when choosing a date or mate by on man focusing on how they meet our needs as a date, mate, or spouse. Persons from writing, dysfunctional homes where children were not nurtured nor supported through childhood would likely be attracted to someone who provides that unfulfilled nurturing need they still have.

Persons from homes where they were nurtured, supported, and sustained in their individual growth and development would likely be attracted to someone who promises growth and support in text intellectual, aesthetic, or self-actualization (becoming fully who our individual potential allows us to white definition research, become) areas of an essay on man text, life. It may sound selfish at first glance but we really do date and mate on the basis of what we get out of it (or how our needs are met). The Social Exchange Theory and its rational choice formula clarify the 1, selection process even further. Maximize Rewards-Minimize Costs=Date or Mate Choice. When we interact with potential dates and mates we run a mental balance sheet in our heads. She might think, he’s tall, confident, funny, and friends with my friends.

As she talks a bit more she might say, But, he chews smokeless tobacco, only wants to party, and just flirted with another young women while we were still talking. On Man Text! The entire time we interact with potential dates and mates we evaluate them on their appearance, disposition, goals and school essay-related-1.txt 1, aspirations, and other traits. This while simultaneously remembering how we rate and on man text, evaluate ourselves. Rarely do we seek out the best looking person at the party unless we define ourselves as an even match for him or her. More often we rank and rate ourselves compared to others and as we size up and evaluate potentials we define the essay importance in our, overall exchange rationally or in an economic context where we try to maximize our rewards while minimizing our losses.

The overall evaluation of the an essay on man, deal also depends to a great extent on how well we feel matched on racial and ethnic traits, religious background, social economic class, and experience, age similarities. Truly the complexity of the on man text, date and mate selection process includes many obvious and definition, some more subtle processes that you can understand for yourself. If you are single you can apply them to on man, the date and mate selection processes you currently pursue. Bernard Murstein wrote articles in the early 1970s where he tested his Stimulus-Value-Role Theory of marital choice. (See Physical Attractiveness and Marital Choice Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. Concluding Myself! Vol 22(1), Apr 1972, 8-12 or Who Will Marry Whom? Theories and Research in Marital Choice: New York; Springer, 1976 392 pages). To Murstein the exchange is an essay text mutual and dependent upon the subjective attractions and the subjective assets and admission essay, liabilities each individual brings to the relationship. The Stimulus is the trait (usually physical) that draws your attention to the person. An Essay! After time is spent together dating or hanging out, Values are compared for compatibility and evaluation of an essay about myself, maximization of Rewards while minimization of costs is calculated. If after time and relational compatibility supports it, the pair may choose to on man text, take Roles which typically include: exclusive dating, cohabitation, engagement, or marriage. Figure 2 shows how the Stimulus-Values-Role theory might overlap with a couple’s development of intimacy over increased time and animal, increased interaction.

Figure 2: Depiction of Stimulus-Value-Role Theory with Intimacy and over Time Interaction. How do strangers transition from not even knowing one another to an essay, eventually cohabiting or marrying together? From the very first encounter, two strangers begin a process that either excludes one another as potential dates or mates or includes them and begins the process of establishing intimacy. Intimacy is the mutual feeling of research, acceptance, trust, and connection to another person, even with the an essay on man, understanding of on my experience, personal faults of the individual. In other words, intimacy is the ability to become close to one another, to an essay on man text, accept one another as is, and eventually to feel accepted by the other.

Intimacy is not sexual intercourse, although sexual intercourse may be one of concluding an essay about, many expressions of intimacy. When two strangers meet they have a stimulus that alerts one or both to take notice of the other. I read a book by Judith Wallerstein (1921-2012) (see Wallerstein and an essay on man text, Blakesley 1995 The Good Marriage) where one woman was on a date with a guy and overheard another man laughing like Santa Clause might laugh. She asked her date to introduce her and that began the concluding, relationship which would become her decades-long marriage to text, the Santa Clause laughing guy. I’ve had people tell me personally that in their relationship, there was a subtle connection that just felt safe, like a reunion with a long lost friend when they first met one another.

I’ve had many indicate that they thought the admission, other was so very hot and good looking, and I couldn’t wait to get burned one female student said. In the stimulus stage some motivation at the physical, social, emotional, intellectual or spiritual level sparks interests and the interaction begins. Over time and with increased interaction, two people may make that journey of values comparisons and contrasts which inevitably includes or excludes the an essay on man text, other. The more time and interaction that is accompanied by increased trust and acceptance of one’s self and the other, the more the intimacy and probability of essay on my, a long-term relationship. Even though Figure 2 shows that a smooth line of increasing intimacy can occur, it does not always occur so smoothly nor so predictably.

As the couple reaches a place where a bond has developed they establish patterns of an essay text, commitment and about myself, loyalty which initiates the roles listed in Figure 2. The list of roles is listed in increasing order of level of commitment yet does not indicate any kind of predictable stages the couple would be expected to pursue. In other words, some couples may take the relationship only text as far as exclusive dating which is the mutual agreement to exclude others from dating either individual in the relationship. Another couple may eventually cohabit or marry. It should be mentioned that what you’d look for in a date is often different from what you might look for in a spouse. Dates are temporary adventures where good looks, fun personality, entertainment capacity, and even your social status by being seen in animal right public with him or her are considered important. An Essay On Man Text! Dates are short-term and can be singular events or a few events. Of Education In Our Life! Many college students who have dated more than once develop A Thing or a relationship noticed by the individuals and their friends as either beginning or having at an essay, least started, but not quite having a defined destination. These couples eventually hold a DTR. A DTR means a moment where the two individuals Define The Relationship openly to determine if both want to include each other in a specific goal-directed destination (IE: exclusive dating) or if it’s better for everyone if the relationship ends. Ever had one of essay custom, these?

Many describe them as awkward. I think awkward is an understatement. An Essay On Man! A DTR is extremely risky in importance of education in our terms of text, how much of animal essay, one ’s self has to be involved and in an essay on man terms of how vulnerable it makes each other feel. In the TV series The Office, Jim and Pam experience a number of DTRs that early on in the relationship ended with either or both of myself, them wanting more closeness and commitment, but neither of an essay on man text, them being capable of making it happen. The Office is fiction, but the relationships clearly reflect some of the human experience in an accurate way. Notice that Jim and Pam were from the same part of the country, had very many social and research, cultural traits in common, and on man text, both met in essay writing prompts a setting where they could see each other on a regular basis and have the opportunity to on man text, go through the essay of education life, SVR process. An Essay On Man Text! Homogamy, propenquity, need matching, compatibility, and about myself, eventually commitment all applied in their story together. The cultural similarities of a couple cannot be emphasized enough in this discussion.

Many of those living in the United States share common mainstream cultural traits, regardless of ancestral heritage or ethnic background, date and an essay, mate selection occurs for nearly all members of society. Figure 3 shows a list of cultural and ethnic background traits that influence how the inclusion and concluding an essay, exclusion decisions are made, depending on an essay text how similar or different each individual defines themselves to be in relation to the other. Many who teach relationship skills in on my writing cross-cultural or trans-racial relationships focus on an essay on man text the similarity principle. Figure 3: Cultural and Ethnic Background Traits. Language Religion Traditions Holidays Lifestylesand self-identification Workplace skills Educational aspirations and animal, achievements Age similarity Physical appearance (skin color, facial features, body shape and on man text, size) Food preferences Political leanings Economic similarities Common shared experiences (IE: Military background) Family cultural similarities and compatibilities Physical attractiveness similarities Hobbies and interest similarities Life goals similarities Others. The Similarity Principle states that the more similar two people perceive themselves to be, the more likely their relationship will continue and essay importance of education life, succeed. Notice the word, perceive; because actual similarities are not as critical as an individual’s belief that there are common characteristics. Also, certain individuals value one background trait over others. They may be more willing to overlook or ignore differences in traits which are not as similar. In the on man, Movie, My Big Fat Greek Wedding (my wife and I saw this one three times together in admission writing theaters) the Greek-American woman who was the main character meets a strikingly handsome professional man from a different ethnic background. Much of the difficulty she had in including him as a mate was her perception that her cultural and an essay text, family background was unattractive and could not be desirable to potential mates.

He was deeply attracted to her family because it filled his need for family connection, tradition, and support. He changed his religion, learned the importance in our, Greek culture, and adopted her family as his surrogate family. In real life, most don’t make such profound concessions when choosing a mate. An Essay On Man Text! The relationship is concluding an essay myself less likely to text, develop if there are few or no common traits and more likely if there are more common traits, especially in essay-related-1.txt 1 the areas of an essay text, commonality that the individuals define as being very important. Dating often turns into exclusive or boyfriend-girlfriend type relationships. These relationships are crucial in the lives of young adults because they allow each other to gain experience in the daily routines of essay-related-1.txt, intimate relationships. They don’t always develop into a long-term relationship, but practicing in healthy relationships is an essay on man far more valuable than the grieving from breaking up.

There are a few key guidelines if you need to break up. These make sense but also have a tremendous amount of literature and science to back them up. First, before you break up, do a maximize rewards and minimize cost—pros and life, cons evaluation so you can make sure that breaking up is the best choice you can make. An Essay On Man! Second, break up clearly so there is no ambiguity about where the relationship might be headed. Third, avoid hanging out together after the break up. I know you see this in TV shows and I know you have friends who probably still hang out after the break up. White Definition Research! But don’t. It’s the drama that fills soap operas, 911 calls, and evening dramatic shows on TV. And remember that a woman is an essay on man more likely to be physically attacked by her intimate partner than by any other person (even strangers). There are some rules that can be summarized about how we include dates or mates in our pool of b/business, eligibles. On Man Text! Figure 4 shows that rule #1 is essay writing Exogamy.

Exogamy is the tendency to pair off with or marry someone outside of your own familial groups. Figure 4: Five Rules of Date and Mate Selection. Most people follow this rule with little or no formal instruction. Rule #2 is to find a compatible person who can have their needs be met by you and your needs be met by him or her. Rule #3 is to an essay text, select someone who is a good find, great deal, or maximized reward, minimized costs formula. You are deserving of a date or mate who will reinforce your value as an individual and who will be pleasing to animal, you. Rule #4 is to maximize homogamy and an essay on man, look for commonalities that will smooth out the daily adjustments of the relationship. I doubt you’d ever find a perfect match on all of these traits, but make sure you find a good match of complimentary personality traits and background characteristics. Rule# 5 is very important. Animal Essay Right! You must learn to discern trouble and danger in a date or mate. An Essay Text! Intimate violence is the worst and most deadly violence especially for women.

Their dates, mates, spouses, and life partners are more likely to cause them violent harm than will any other category of essay-related-1.txt 1, relationship in their lives. Figure 5 provides some criteria to identify as red flags, warning signs, or danger signs. Figure 5: Risky, Dangerous, and Otherwise Unhealthy Traits in text Potential Dates and Mates. The risky and admission essay, dangerous traits you might see in a potential date or mate can be early warning signals to raise red flags. In fairness, the presence of any one of these may just indicate a bad day (SOURCE). Some potential dates and mates are predatorial. That means they search for types of people they can manipulate and control and try to pair off with them. The presence of on man, a few of b/business school 1, these could raise your suspicions enough to become a savvy shopper, discriminating consumer, or even a detective of danger signs. Remember, that when dating and selecting a mate overcautious discernment is on man justified. Most people never experience the extreme dangers of dating. For most it’s more of an emotional risk than a safety risk.

Many chose to marry and do so more often in the warmer months of the year than in the other months. When relationships form and engagements are made and agreed upon, an entire social experience is writing initiated where new social roles and networks begin to unfold. Engaged people announce their plans to family and friends and by so doing initiate a few processes within the social community of each fiance. Announcements of the engagement begin the process of exclusion of an essay text, others. All other potential suitors and dates are excluded from the pool of eligibles while exclusive monogamy begins in almost every aspect of the right, couple’s lives. She often wears a ring that ranges from $2-10,000 US dollars. That ring deters most because it symbolizes her agreement to marry her fiance. The couple often formalizes their wedding plans in newspaper, mailed out invitations to an essay, the reception, and/or online announcements. In-laws are people you become related to by virtue of marrying into writing, your fiance’s family network.

I often joke with my students that you get in-laws and out-laws when you marry. Not all in-laws will get along with the couple as well as might be wished. The creation of extended kin ties is on man crucial to a successful engagement. Definition! To some degree in-laws are expected to at least be compatible with the new family member (fiance) and an essay on man text, if possible in another degree to establish close relational bonds. Engagement also signifies to the couple the ultimate direction of their courtship. Marriage and the merging of: social networks, belongings, monies, physical intimacy, rights, children, and essay-related-1.txt, many other things becomes the focus.

Unfortunately many couples focus heavily on the reception and an essay on man, that becomes a great source of stress which they must adapt to or be destroyed by if they’re not careful to learn to face stressors in a united manner. Engagement provides the couple with opportunities to animal right, practice being married, in an essay on man text many different aspects of the relationship. Most engagements end in white definition marriage. But, some end in a breaking up event where the marriage is an essay cancelled. Sometimes couples realize that they were not as compatible as they originally thought themselves to be.

Sometimes, they are geographically separated by various circumstances and find that their commitment did not withstand the importance in our, test of time and space. Other times in-laws and extended family incompatibilities work against the marriage. And finally sometimes, people just fall out of love or lose interest. For those who are searching for an essay on man text a spouse the market is an uneven playing field. The United States has what social scientist call a marriage Squeeze. Essay On My Writing Experience! A Marriage Squeeze is a demographic imbalance in the number of an essay, males to females among those considered to be of marrying ages. China passed a very strict law in 1979 allowing only one child per couple. This has created a dramatic marriage squeeze, Already, 41 million bachelors will not have women to marry. Essay Custom! If nothing is an essay on man done to change this trend, Poston noted, by 2020 there will be 55 million extra boys in China. (Retrieved 20 November 2013 from essay importance life, Dudley L. Text! Poston Jr., Eugenia Conde, and Bethany DeSalvo, China's Unbalanced Sex Ratio at Birth, Millions of Excess Bachelors and Societal Implications, Vulnerable Children and paper research, Youth Studies 6, no. 4 (2011): 314-20. SOURCE ).

China is not the only nation with a severe marriage squeeze. India has tremendous problems with their marriage squeeze issues. Because of sex-selection abortion, cultural preferences for males, female infanticide, and cultural definitions as females being a burden rather than a source of joy and rejoicing they are missing tens of millions of females in these populations. For example in 2001 India had 35 million extra men nationwide (retrieved 5 November, 2009 SOURCE ). An Essay On Man Text! In 2003 China was reported to also have about 35 million extra men (retrieved 5 November, 2009 SOURCE ). There is also a phenomenon called the paper definition research, Marriage Gradient. The Marriage Gradient is the an essay on man, tendency for women to marry a man slightly older and slightly taller while men tend to marry a woman slightly more attractive. Based on recent US Census numbers presented above there are about admission essay custom writing 15,675,000 males and 15,037,000 females ages 18-24. That boils down to on man, 638,000 extra males in the marriage market 18-24.

Since women tend to white research, want to marry a man slightly older the marriage market is squeezed because there are too few females for all the available males. In fact, this leads some men to marry women 6 years or older; women who already have children; and women 4-6 years younger. As you've read throughout this chapter you have learned a great deal bout how we (perhaps even You) include or exclude people into or away from your pool of eligibles. In the latter part, I may have over emphasized the Buyer beware approach that I wanted you to have as you move through the an essay text, data and mate selection market. Fear is admission custom writing prompts not the suggestion reaction to an essay on man text, dating based on what we’ve discussed here from the literature. Enjoy dating and mate selection. It is a wonderful time of your life that can be the best and simultaneously the worst of essay, times. It may help for you to understand a bit more about yourself so that you can develop a strategy in being proactive and focused in your date and/or mate selection experiences. We’ve included four assessments to help you better understand what your ideal mate might be like; how you met your current (Past partner); How you are attracted to people; and How healthy your break ups tend to be.

What Do I Look For in My Ideal Mate? Please support our effort to keep these materials free by making a small donation. If you can't donate, enjoy the free books. In the items below rank the traits you would like to have in your ideal mate. An Essay On Man Text! Put A beside the items which you think are the most important traits. Put B beside the concluding myself, items which you desire if possible.

Put C beside the items you think are not really that important. You may put more than one A, B, or C in each category.

Write My Essay Online for Cheap -
An Essay on Man - Wikipedia

Preparing a research proposal for PhD or M Phil. A 300-word research proposal (750 words for Arts and Education candidates) is needed as part of on man text, your application. A good proposal will demonstrate to the university that you have a clear vision of essay on my writing experience, what you want to study, why this is an an essay text interesting topic, and how you will approach the research question. Of Education. This important document allows the university to assess your research interests and potential, and it will also help you to refine your thoughts and prepare you for the early days of candidature. In preparing the Proposal you may seek the advice and assistance of the academic with whom you have discussed your proposed topic. Structure and content of the Research Proposal. Any reader of the proposal will be asking themselves the following questions, in roughly this order. What is the focus of your research, the fundamental question?

Be sure that your title reflects this. Why is it important? You need to define the context of the an essay text research, its background and significance. What are the b/business essay-related-1.txt relevant gaps in existing knowledge? Demonstrate your understanding of this by referring to on man the literature or statements by experts. This should be a brief but critical assessment. How will your research potentially fill these gaps in our knowledge? What is novel or unique about your proposal?

Does it follow on from research that you have already been involved in? What is your research plan? This section should clearly enunciate the aims of the project and the design or methodology that you will use. This section may occupy a significant proportion of the proposal. What is the admission essay custom prompts scope of your project? That is, is it narrowly focused on a particular issue or will it seek to answer broad questions? This is where you define the breadth of the text project and speak to any limitations or potential obstacles. Remember that the research must be completed within the finite amount of time allowed for your research degree. What outcomes do you expect from the project? That is, what changes to our understanding might come out of it, and/or who will benefit? Ensure you write the proposal in clear, simple terminology, and be aware that this is an opportunity to inspire interest in life your reader.

Be succinct. Also note that this is a plan written in an essay on man text the present moment, and that research directions are likely to evolve and change over time as the research is definition research done and new knowledge is acquired. The Elements of a Proposal. A. “The introduction is the on man text part of the paper that provides readers with the background information for of education, the research reported in the paper. Its purpose is to establish a framework for the research, so that readers can understand how it is related to other research” (Wilkinson, 1991, p. 96). B. In an introduction, the writer should.

1. Create reader interest in the topic, 2. Lay the broad foundation for the problem that leads to the study, 3. Text. Place the on my writing study within the larger context of the scholarly literature, and. 4. An Essay Text. Reach out to a specific audience. (Creswell, 1994, p. 42) C. If a researcher is working within a particular theoretical framework/line of inquiry, the research theory or line of inquiry should be introduced and discussed early, preferably in the introduction or literature review. Remember that the theory/line of inquiry selected will inform the statement of the problem, rationale for the study, questions and hypotheses, selection of instruments, and choice of an essay on man text, methods. Ultimately, findings will be discussed in terms of how they relate to the theory/line of inquiry that undergirds the study. D. Theories, theoretical frameworks, and lines of inquiry may be differently handled in quantitative and essay writing, qualitative endeavors.

1. “In quantitative studies, one uses theory deductively and places it toward the beginning of the on man text plan for a study. The objective is to test or verify theory. One thus begins the study advancing a theory, collects data to test it, and b/business school, reflects on whether the theory was confirmed or disconfirmed by the results in the study. An Essay Text. The theory becomes a framework for the entire study, an organizing model for white research, the research questions or hypotheses for on man text, the data collection procedure” (Creswell, 1994, pp. Essay Right. 87-88). 2. In qualitative inquiry, the use of on man text, theory and essay prompts, of a line of inquiry depends on on man text, the nature of the investigation. In studies aiming at essay on my writing experience “grounded theory,” for example, theory and theoretical tenets emerge from findings. Much qualitative inquiry, however, also aims to test or verify theory, hence in these cases the an essay on man text theoretical framework, as in quantitative efforts, should be identified and an essay about myself, discussed early on. A. “The problem statement describes the context for the study and it also identifies the general analysis approach” (Wiersma, 1995, p. 404). B. “A problem might be defined as the issue that exists in the literature, theory, or practice that leads to a need for the study” (Creswell, 1994, p. 50).

C. It is important in an essay on man a proposal that the problem stand outthat the white paper research reader can easily recognize it. On Man. Sometimes, obscure and poorly formulated problems are masked in an extended discussion. In such cases, reviewers and/or committee members will have difficulty recognizing the problem. D. A problem statement should be presented within a context, and that context should be provided and briefly explained, including a discussion of the conceptual or theoretical framework in which it is embedded. Clearly and succinctly identify and explain the problem within the framework of the theory or line of inquiry that undergirds the admission prompts study.

This is of major importance in nearly all proposals and requires careful attention. It is an essay text a key element that associations such as AERA and APA look for in proposals. It is essential in all quantitative research and much qualitative research. E. State the problem in terms intelligible to someone who is generally sophisticated but who is relatively uninformed in on my writing experience the area of your investigation. F. Effective problem statements answer the question “Why does this research need to be conducted.” If a researcher is unable to answer this question clearly and succinctly, and without resorting to hyperspeaking (i.e., focusing on problems of macro or global proportions that certainly will not be informed or alleviated by the study), then the statement of the problem will come off as ambiguous and an essay text, diffuse. G. For conference proposals, the concluding an essay statement of the problem is generally incorporated into text, the introduction; academic proposals for b/business school 1, theses or dissertations should have this as a separate section. A. “The purpose statement should provide a specific and accurate synopsis of the overall purpose of the study” (Locke, Spirduso, Silverman, 1987, p. 5). An Essay Text. If the purpose is not clear to the writer, it cannot be clear to the reader. B. Briefly define and delimit the specific area of the research. You will revisit this in greater detail in a later section. C. Foreshadow the hypotheses to be tested or the questions to be raised, as well as the essay-related-1.txt 1 significance of the study.

These will require specific elaboration in subsequent sections. D. The purpose statement can also incorporate the rationale for the study. An Essay On Man Text. Some committees prefer that the purpose and rationale be provided in separate sections, however. E. Key points to an essay about myself keep in mind when preparing a purpose statement. 1. Try to incorporate a sentence that begins with “The purpose of this study is . . .” This will clarify your own mind as to the purpose and an essay text, it will inform the reader directly and explicitly. 2. Clearly identify and define the central concepts or ideas of the b/business 1 study.

Some committee Chairs prefer a separate section to this end. When defining terms, make a judicious choice between using descriptive or operational definitions. 3. On Man Text. Identify the specific method of inquiry to be used. 4. Identify the unit of analysis in the study. A. “The review of the literature provides the background and context for the research problem. It should establish the need for the research and indicate that the writer is knowledgeable about the area” (Wiersma, 1995, p. 406). B. The literature review accomplishes several important things. 1. It shares with the reader the results of other studies that are closely related to admission the study being reported (Fraenkel Wallen, 1990). 2. It relates a study to the larger, ongoing dialogue in the literature about a topic, filling in gaps and extending prior studies (Marshall Rossman, 1989).

3. On Man Text. It provides a framework for establishing the b/business 1 importance of the study, as well as a benchmark for comparing the results of a study with other findings. 4. It “frames” the problem earlier identified. C. Demonstrate to the reader that you have a comprehensive grasp of the field and are aware of text, important recent substantive and methodological developments. D. Delineate the “jumping-off place” for your study. How will your study refine, revise, or extend what is now known? E. Avoid statements that imply that little has been done in the area or that what has been done is too extensive to permit easy summary. Animal Essay. Statements of this sort are usually taken as indications that the writer is not really familiar with the literature. F. In a proposal, the literature review is generally brief and to the point. On Man. Be judicious in your choice of exemplarsthe literature selected should be pertinent and relevant (APA, 2001).

Select and reference only the more appropriate citations. Make key points clearly and succinctly. G. School. Committees may want a section outlining your search strategy the procedures you used and sources you investigated (e.g., databases, journals, test banks, experts in the field) to compile your literature review. Check with your Chair. A. Questions are relevant to an essay on man text normative or census type research (How many of them are there? Is there a relationship between them?). They are most often used in qualitative inquiry, although their use in quantitative inquiry is becoming more prominent.

Hypotheses are relevant to theoretical research and are typically used only in quantitative inquiry. When a writer states hypotheses, the reader is entitled to have an exposition of the theory that lead to them (and of the assumptions underlying the theory). Just as conclusions must be grounded in concluding an essay about myself the data, hypotheses must be grounded in the theoretical framework. B. A research question poses a relationship between two or more variables but phrases the relationship as a question; a hypothesis represents a declarative statement of the relations between two or more variables (Kerlinger, 1979; Krathwohl, 1988). C. Deciding whether to text use questions or hypotheses depends on factors such as the animal essay purpose of the study, the nature of the design and methodology, and the audience of the research (at times even the taste and preference of committee members, particularly the Chair). D. The practice of on man text, using hypotheses was derived from using the scientific method in social science inquiry. They have philosophical advantages in concluding about myself statistical testing, as researchers should be and tend to be conservative and cautious in their statements of an essay, conclusions (Armstrong, 1974).

E. Hypotheses can be couched in four kinds of white research, statements. 1. Literary null a “no difference” form in text terms of theoretical constructs. For example, “There is no relationship between support services and academic persistence of nontraditional-aged college women.” Or, “There is no difference in school achievement for high and low self-regulated students.” 2. Operational null a “no difference” form in terms of the operation required to test the hypothesis. For example, “There is no relationship between the number of hours nontraditional-aged college women use the student union and their persistence at the college after their freshman year.” Or, “There is no difference between the mean grade point averages achieved by students in the upper and essay of education in our, lower quartiles of the distribution of the on man text Self-regulated Inventory.” The operational null is generally the preferred form of hypothesis-writing . 3. Literary alternative a form that states the hypothesis you will accept if the null hypothesis is essay importance in our rejected, stated in terms of theoretical constructs. In other words, this is an essay on man usually what you hope the admission essay custom writing results will show. For example, “The more that nontraditional-aged women use support services, the more they will persist academically.” Or, “High self-regulated students will achieve more in their classes than low self-regulated students.”

4. Operational alternative Similar to the literary alternative except that the operations are specified. For example, “The more that nontraditional-aged college women use the student union, the more they will persist at the college after their freshman year.” Or, “Students in the upper quartile of the an essay on man text Self-regulated Inventory distribution achieve significantly higher grade point averages than do students in the lower quartile.” F. Concluding An Essay. In general, the null hypothesis is used if theory/literature does not suggest a hypothesized relationship between the variables under investigation; the alternative is generally reserved for situations in text which theory/research suggests a relationship or directional interplay. G. Be prepared to interpret any possible outcomes with respect to the questions or hypotheses. Animal Right. It will be helpful if you visualize in your mind=s eye the on man tables (or other summary devices) that you expect to result from your research (Guba, 1961). H. Essay Writing. Questions and an essay text, hypotheses are testable propositions deduced and directly derived from theory (except in grounded theory studies and similar types of qualitative inquiry).

I. Make a clear and b/business essay-related-1.txt 1, careful distinction between the dependent and independent variables and be certain they are clear to the reader. Be excruciatingly consistent in your use of terms. If appropriate, use the same pattern of on man, wording and word order in all hypotheses. A. “The methods or procedures section is really the heart of the research proposal. The activities should be described with as much detail as possible, and the continuity between them should be apparent” (Wiersma, 1995, p. 409). B. Indicate the methodological steps you will take to answer every question or to test every hypothesis illustrated in the Questions/Hypotheses section. C. All research is plagued by the presence of writing prompts, confounding variables (the noise that covers up the information you would like to have). Confounding variables should be minimized by various kinds of controls or be estimated and taken into account by randomization processes (Guba, 1961). In the design section, indicate. 1. the variables you propose to control and how you propose to control them, experimentally or statistically, and.

2. the variables you propose to randomize, and the nature of the randomizing unit (students, grades, schools, etc.). D. Be aware of possible sources of error to which your design exposes you. You will not produce a perfect, error free design (no one can). However, you should anticipate possible sources of error and attempt to overcome them or take them into account in your analysis. Moreover, you should disclose to the reader the sources you have identified and what efforts you have made to account for them. 1. The key reason for being concerned with sampling is that of validity the extent to which the interpretations of the results of the study follow from the study itself and the extent to which results may be generalized to other situations with other people (Shavelson, 1988). 2. Sampling is an essay text critical to external validity the extent to which findings of b/business 1, a study can be generalized to people or situations other than those observed in the study.

To generalize validly the findings from a sample to some defined population requires that the sample has been drawn from that population according to one of several probability sampling plans. By a probability sample is meant that the probability of inclusion in the sample of any element in the population must be given a priori . All probability samples involve the idea of random sampling at some stage (Shavelson, 1988). In experimentation, two distinct steps are involved. Random selection participants to be included in the sample have been chosen at random from the same population. Define the text population and indicate the sampling plan in detail.

Random assignment participants for the sample have been assigned at definition research random to on man one of the experimental conditions. 3. Of Education In Our. Another reason for being concerned with sampling is that of internal validity the extent to which the outcomes of a study result from the on man variables that were manipulated, measured, or selected rather than from other variables not systematically treated. Without probability sampling, error estimates cannot be constructed (Shavelson, 1988). 4. Perhaps the key word in sampling is representative . One must ask oneself, “How representative is the sample of the survey population (the group from which the sample is of education selected) and how representative is the survey population of the target population (the larger group to which we wish to generalize)?” 5. When a sample is drawn out of text, convenience (a nonprobability sample), rationale and on my writing, limitations must be clearly provided. 6. If available, outline the characteristics of the sample (by gender, race/ethnicity, socioeconomic status, or other relevant group membership).

7. Detail procedures to follow to obtain informed consent and ensure anonymity and/or confidentiality. 1. Outline the instruments you propose to on man use (surveys, scales, interview protocols, observation grids). If instruments have previously been used, identify previous studies and findings related to reliability and validity. If instruments have not previously been used, outline procedures you will follow to develop and test their reliability and validity. In the latter case, a pilot study is nearly essential. 2. Because selection of essay writing prompts, instruments in most cases provides the operational definition of an essay on man text, constructs, this is animal right a crucial step in on man text the proposal. For example, it is at this step that a literary conception such as “self-efficacy is related to school achievement” becomes “scores on the Mathematics Self-Efficacy Scale are related to Grade Point Average.” Strictly speaking, results of your study will be directly relevant only to the instrumental or operational statements (Guba, 1961). 3. Include an appendix with a copy of the instruments to on my be used or the interview protocol to be followed.

Also include sample items in the description of the instrument. 4. For a mailed survey, identify steps to be taken in administering and following up the survey to obtain a high response rate. 1. Outline the general plan for collecting the an essay on man text data. This may include survey administration procedures, interview or observation procedures. B/business School Essay-related-1.txt. Include an explicit statement covering the field controls to be employed. An Essay. If appropriate, discuss how you obtained entré . 2. Provide a general outline of the time schedule you expect to follow. 1. Specify the procedures you will use, and label them accurately (e.g., ANOVA, MANCOVA, HLM, ethnography, case study, grounded theory). If coding procedures are to be used, describe in reasonable detail.

If you triangulated, carefully explain how you went about admission essay, it. Communicate your precise intentions and reasons for these intentions to the reader. This helps you and on man, the reader evaluate the choices you made and admission custom, procedures you followed. 2. Indicate briefly any analytic tools you will have available and text, expect to use (e.g., Ethnograph, NUDIST, AQUAD, SAS, SPSS, SYSTAT). 3. Provide a well thought-out rationale for research, your decision to use the design, methodology, and analyses you have selected. A. A limitation identifies potential weaknesses of the study. Think about your analysis, the nature of an essay on man, self-report, your instruments, the sample. Think about threats to b/business school internal validity that may have been impossible to on man avoid or minimizeexplain. B. A delimitation addresses how a study will be narrowed in scope, that is, how it is bounded. This is the admission essay writing place to explain the things that you are not doing and why you have chosen not to do themthe literature you will not review (and why not), the population you are not studying (and why not), the on man methodological procedures you will not use (and why you will not use them). Limit your delimitations to the things that a reader might reasonably expect you to do but that you, for clearly explained reasons, have decided not to do.

A. Indicate how your research will refine, revise, or extend existing knowledge in the area under investigation. Note that such refinements, revisions, or extensions may have either substantive, theoretical, or methodological significance. Think pragmatically (i.e., cash value). B. Most studies have two potential audiences: practitioners and professional peers. Statements relating the research to both groups are in order. C. This can be a difficult section to write. Think about implications how results of the study may affect scholarly research, theory, practice, educational interventions, curricula, counseling, policy. D. When thinking about the significance of your study, ask yourself the following questions. 1. B/business Essay-related-1.txt. What will results mean to the theoretical framework that framed the study?

2. What suggestions for subsequent research arise from the findings? 3. What will the results mean to the practicing educator? 4. Will results influence programs, methods, and/or interventions? 5. Will results contribute to the solution of educational problems? 6. On Man. Will results influence educational policy decisions? 7. What will be improved or changed as a result of the proposed research? 8. How will results of the essay on my writing experience study be implemented, and what innovations will come about?

A. Follow APA (2001) guidelines regarding use of references in text and in the reference list. Of course, your committee or discipline may require Chicago or MLA. B. Only references cited in the text are included in the reference list; however, exceptions can be found to this rule. For example, committees may require evidence that you are familiar with a broader spectrum of literature than that immediately relevant to an essay your research. In such instances, the reference list may be called a bibliography . C. Some committees require that reference lists and/or bibliographies be “annotated,” which is to say that each entry be accompanied by a brief description, or an abstract. Check with your committee Chair before the fact. The need for complete documentation generally dictates the inclusion of appropriate appendixes in proposals (although this is white paper generally not the case as regards conference proposals). The following materials are appropriate for an appendix.

Consult with your committee Chair. Verbatim instructions to participants. Original scales or questionnaires. On Man Text. If an essay of education instrument is copyrighted, permission in writing to reproduce the on man text instrument from the copyright holder or proof of purchase of the animal essay instrument. Sample of informed consent forms. Cover letters sent to appropriate stakeholders. Official letters of permission to conduct research.

For more information, please contact one of our offices. Study in Australia | Study in the UK | Study in text Malaysia | Study in Canada | Study in essay custom the USA | Study in New Zealand. You can start your application with Studyco by filling out our online assessment form. If you prefer to see a Studyco representative in an essay text person, go to one of our worldwide offices. Partnering with more than 200 universities globally.

Buy Essay Online Cheap -
Essay On Man Poem by Alexander Pope - Poem Hunter

10 Things You Need to Know About Essay Castle Coursework Writing Service. For all those that are struggling with an an essay text unbearable amount of coursework, we’ve got good news – you are not alone! Gone are the times when you had to deal with all kinds of courseworks on school 1, your own. We are here to on man help you, and of education life our help is all you need to be able to manage college and other things you have in life. What can we do for you? In simple words, we will do your coursework, no matter what it implies, without you having to lift a finger. An Essay Text? EssayCastle.co.uk has a vast number of white definition research writers at its disposal and their quills (or, more specifically, writing skills and time) are free for hire. We don’t expect you to an essay on man plunge head first, however, and admission writing prompts would like to tell you ten things you need to know about our service before you make your very first order. What you need to an essay on man know about about myself our coursework help. We are neither a resell service nor an online library.

Papers written her, whatever the an essay on man text, type, are created entirely from scratch. Once a paper has been submitted to the client, it is then deleted from the data base to prevent re-using. When you order coursework writing from our specialists, you are free to provide as many instructions as you deem necessary. The ability to essay importance of education customize your order is one of the biggest benefits you will get at our service. Do you need an essay?

A research paper? A PhD thesis? No problem! Our service has been designed with all our customers’ needs in mind, so you will address our writing team with all kinds of requests. Urgency is often a major factor to choose an appropriate writing company. We are glad to an essay on man tell you that ours starts at only 3 hours. And even if your order is white paper research VERY urgent, it will be fulfilled and delivered right when you requested it to be fulfilled and delivered. While your order is an essay text being fulfilled, you have to options: to participate in fulfilment and keep tabs on paper development OR stay away from about it entirely.

What you need to text know about our UK coursework company. Once you become a customer of this service, you will enjoy special discounts dedicated to holidays and other occasions. By using them, you can achieve significant savings and get the same high-quality papers. We have a few hundred of writers the majority of whom are based in the UK and have degrees from major UK universities. The minimum required threshold is a master’s degree. Concluding Myself? With a wide span of subjects available, you can order English coursework or any other type of on man text coursework you might possibly need. We currently cover over fifty subject areas and are adding more to cope with changing curricula. It’s not the end of the world if you don’t like the paper you have received from us, and there is no need to try and improve it on admission custom, your own. For situations like this, we have introduced a free-revision policy.

After your paper has been written, you can request multiple free revisions. The number of revisions is not limited; however, we do limit the time to 14 days. Last but not least, papers provided to our customers are ALWAYS original. Even though a medium originality level is universally accepted by writing services, we have a much higher standard and shoot for 100% originality. A plagiarism report is available for those who want to be sure about the quality of on man text their papers. Buy coursework without financial difficulties! A student has to think ahead in terms of finances, and custom writing can become one of the about myself, major articles of expenditure.

Yet what is the point of having a job if you will pay everything you earn for custom papers? To avoid such unfeasible distribution of funds, we have introduced a flexible pricing policy that includes discounts, guarantees, and on man text price leverage factors. Animal? Every customer that wants to on man text request our help can adjust the myself, price to fit his or her particular needs. This is done with the help of the text, following: Adjusting urgency. Extending your deadline will let you save on urgency charges. Switching off extra convenience services like sms updates and high priority (Although if you order a very important assignment, we don’t recommend using this option). Lowering the quality standard of your paper to of education in our get budget instead of premium charge. An Essay On Man? Changing the difficulty level.

We service customers of all levels starting at secondary school. If you need a school-level assignment, there is no need to ask for university-level quality. In addition, we will be happy to offer you discounts! Currently, there are the following discounts available: First order price-off for new customers. Referral program. Bring friends, get credits for of education life, your account when they order, and use these credits for your next order – as easy as that! We also have sales from time to time, so don’t forget to check your email! And don’t forget – we never apply hidden charges after the initial order cost has been paid. It’s important for a vast majority of our clients that their information should never be disclosed to an essay third parties. To ensure privacy and concluding about security, we take measures in an essay on man, two directions.

First, your personal information is encrypted and protected with industry-grade methods. Paper Research? Secondly, our company works with only reliable payment providers, which is our primary means to prevent financial fraud and malpractice. By default, we never disclose the names of clients that have used our help. We hope that now you have enough information to decide if our service is suitable to on man your needs. Writing Experience? To request our help without any more delays, please do the following: Complete our ordering form, having filled all the required fields Submit payment details to perform the transactions and have a writer assigned Wait as long as you have specified (the “Deadline” field) for your paper to be delivered.

Check on the progress using the an essay on man text, Personal Area of necessary. Your writing problems will become ours in a matter of minutes. Order now to start benefitting.

Expert Essay Writers -
Essay on Man by Alexander Pope - Full Text Free Book (Part…

Essay: Greek mythology compared to nordic mythology. This paper will outline an exploration between Greek mythology to Nordic mythology, and how similar or different they are from each other. Furthermore it will outline the basic origin of the two mythologies. Each paragraph will cover a specific character or characteristic of the two mythologies and an essay on man then compared and contrasted between Odin VS zeus, creation it is presented with the relevant concepts defined and processes clarified. School 1! The Greek mythology compared to Nordic mythology view of creation is provided, wherein key terms are clarified and the mythologies are defined. The aim is to an essay, provide an overview of Greek mythology and an essay Nordic mythology perception, upon which an understanding of mythology and their impact and how it is viewed in modern day in pop culture can be clarified. Myths can be looked at in many ways, which often can be employed at the same time without contradiction. For example, in the story of Ra, Isis, and the snakebite, the possible political interpretation (Isis being advanced by on man text her priests to position of top god) doesn’t rule out animal essay, a consideration of on man text Ra as sun-god, or possibly seeing some ritual significance to his sickness and subsequent cure. As G. S. Prompts! Kirk puts it, “a myth may have different emphases or levels of meaning.” Since it often serves more than one purpose, “a tale about human actions can contain more than a single aspect and implication” (39).

If we are to compare two different mythologies it is important that we know exactly what we mean when we write mythology. As we understand it, the word myth was derived from the Greek word “mythos”. In this text the an essay word myth is a story of forgotten or vague origin which is supernatural or religious. A story was made up to essay right, explain or rationalize one or more aspects of the world. It is on man, also important to remember that these myths that are given as examples in admission, this document have at on man some point been believed to be true by the people in the societies that used or originated them.

Therefore it is clearly separated from the everyday speech meaning of the word myth, which mostly refers to an imaginary story (Brandenberg, 1994). The Romans copied their mythology from the Greeks; therefore we will only mention the Greek creation myth in paper definition research, this text. To be able to text, explain the paper differences and similarities between the text Norse and the Greek creation myths I’ll begin with a short presentation of the two myths, which both begin with nothing. The world is nothing but a dark and 1 void place (Brandenberg, 1994). In the Greek Creation Myth, in the darkness of the Greek creation myth there is a bird with black wings. This bird is making a golden egg from which the God of Love is coming. One of the shells from the egg becomes the sky, which is an essay on man, also called Uranus, while the other shell becomes the earth, Gaia (Brandenberg, 1994).Later on there is a fight between the God of Loves child and grandchildren. The child of the God of Love had heard from the Oracle that his son should eat him up so when his son Zeus was a little boy his father instead ate him up(Brandenberg, 1994).Trying to run away from prompts his fate, he is punished and at least Zeus and his brothers win against their father. Zeus has two sons who have one responsibility each.

One of them, Prometheus, should create mankind and the other, Epimetheus, should create the animals. They should also give their creations one gift. The animals received one gift each, and nothing was left for the human, so Prometheus gave them fire. An Essay On Man! Because fire was only meant for the Gods, Zeus became angry and had to punish Prometheus and mankind. When Epimetheus married Pandora they were given a lot of animal essay gifts from the other Gods. Text! There was one special gift, called Pandora’s Box, which they were not allowed to importance of education, open but off course they could not resist the temptation. Opening the box they had suddenly let all the pain, sickness and on man text envy out to the world. B/business 1! There was nothing they could do to stop it. Later on they heard a sound, like “let me out”, from the box. An Essay Text! They opened the box one more time and out flew all hope (Brandenberg, 1994). The Norse Creation Myth begins, with nothing but dark chaos.

This nothing, called Ginnungagap, is placed south of essay custom Nieflheim, where there is an essay on man, only ice and north of Muspelheim where there is nothing but glowing embers (Greek and Roman 2003). In Ginnungagap the white paper ice from an essay on man text Nieflheim and the parks from Muspelheim meet and admission custom writing prompts create an an essay on man text evil giant called Ymir. When Ymir is essay on my writing experience, completed the ice and the sparks also create a cow, which is good. The cow feeds the giant Ymir, and itself is licking blocks of ice. One day when it is licking a huge ice block the god of Love, Bure, comes out of on man it. (Greek and Roman 2003) Later on Bures offspring has a struggle against Ymir and the other giants. Ymir dies and the gods threw him into Ginnungagap where his flesh becomes the earth, his blood the seas, his bones the mountains and so on. Essay Importance! The dwarves and the dark elves in the Norse mythology are created of the maggots from Ymir’s flesh. On Man Text! (Cook, 1914) When some of the gods are walking on a shore they see two tree trunks and give them souls, motions and definition senses. These become the two first humans, Ask and Embla. On Man! (Greek and Roman 2003) In the Norse creation story the world was made from an evil giant (Greek and Roman 2003), while the world in the Greek creation story was made from an egg (Brandenberg, 1994).The Greek people looked at the world in a different way. Maybe they thought the world was more fragile than the Norse people did.

Fighting against nature more than the Greek people did, the Norse people experienced the negative and hard things, like darkness and coldness, in nature. In both stories there was a struggle between a god, who later on would be the experience ruler of the other gods, and someone else. In the Greek creation story, Zeus fought against his father (Brandenberg, 1994) while Odin fought against the giant, Ymir. The ruler of the gods had to show everyone that they were good and brave enough to be the leaders. On Man Text! Then the essay of education life other gods and the humans could respect and trust them. It is also very interesting to an essay, draw parallels to Oedipus and Beowulf (Curtius and Robert 1963). Definition Research! Beowulf had to give his life to show his people that he was their right king.

A king could never be afraid of an essay death nor to struggle. Oedipus did not have to struggle physically, but instead he solved a riddle and essay importance in our that way he saved the people. Not solving the text riddle he would never have become the king. The idea fate was very important for both the Norse and the Greek people, but knowing their fates, they acted in completely different ways. The Greeks always tried to run away from their fate (Curtius and Robert 1963). In the Greek creation story, one might have noticed that Zeus father ate Zeus so that the fate would not be fulfilled, but you can again draw a parallel to Oedipus (Curtius and white research Robert 1963), which is text, a story based on running away from fates. In Norse mythology they instead prepared themselves to meet fates .The Greek gods punished the people with the about opening of Pandora’s Box. Here it is easy to draw a parallel to the Christian religion, which also lets the people live with a sin (Curtius and Robert 1963). In the an essay text Norse creation story, there is nothing about punishing or living with a sin.

The Greek people were more often punished because they always ran away from their fates, something that the about Norse people never did. Instead there is on man text, nothing about hope in the Norse creation story, compared to the Greek creation story where a bird flew out of Pandora’s Box with hope (Brandenberg, 1994).When you have been punished you need something to believe in, you need hope. In Norse mythology there are a lot of elves and witches compared to the Greek mythology (Curtius and Robert 1963). What could the reason be? Those imaginations about witches and b/business school essay-related-1.txt 1 elves are much easier to have when you are living in a cold country with a lot of dark forests. Perhaps the Norse people had even more stories and thoughts about the elves before the Norse mythology came and when it did come, they involved them in an essay, the new mythology/religion. Here one can draw a parallel to paper, the Christening of the Norse people. When Christianity came to the north, the people tried to involve their old rituals in the new religion. It is easier to an essay, accept the new things if you are allowed to keep the old ones.

To further emphasise that the Greek and Norse mythologies are connected to each other we have also studied some words, which have travelled through languages and time. Urd, which means Fate is related to the old English word wyrd , which originally meant Fate too. Today we have the b/business word left as the Weird Sisters. First I thought it meant strange sisters, but after research I found out an essay on man text, about the real meaning. They are the three sisters of b/business school essay-related-1.txt Destiny, which play a big part in Shakespeare’s Macbeth. An Essay On Man Text! (Curtius and experience Robert 1963) In Greece Odeion was the name of a sort of a construction, which was often used as a theatre. An Essay On Man Text! Maybe the Romans used this word too and the Vikings heard it, interpreted it their own way and named their main God with a similar name (Odin). Lots of names may have been travelling around like this. Today the English word odeum means the same thing as the Greek word odeion.

If words have travelled from one place from school 1 another, the stories and culture might just as well have travelled the an essay same way. Writing Experience! This indicates that Norse mythology could have lots of influence from Greek and Roman mythology. Norse mythology is the religion of the Norse people. The Norse people are the an essay on man text ancient people of northern Europe (Scandinavia, Iceland, Denmark, Northern Germany etc.) (World Book 259).A major difference between Norse mythology and Greek mythology are both cultures views of the on my afterlife and what happens there. In Greek mythology there is one allotted place for people to go after death and once they are there they stay there for an essay on man text all eternity. In Norse mythology there are four different places for the dead: Folkvang, Valhalla, Helheim, and Ran’s hall or the halls of Ran. Folkvang is the definition allotted area for your everyday warrior who fought and an essay on man died and did nothing more.

Valhalla is Odin’s hall where 800 of the bravest warriors go and train for the coming of Ragnarok (literally the ending of the gods or the end of the world) Helheim is animal essay right, literally the house or home of Hel; Hel is the goddess of the “underworlds” Niflheim (land of text fire and heat) and Helheim. Helheim is the white definition place where one who didn’t die or in battle goes, those who died from diseases, accidents, old age, etc. Ran is the an essay text goddess of the sea and the drowned. Essay Of Education In Our! She is said to an essay on man, sink ships and collect the drowned in a net and take them to her hall where they dwell there. In Greek mythology they go to the underworld (or Hades) and they are then separated and either got to on my experience, Tartarus (hell) or the Elysian fields (heaven) (World Book 257). Folkvang, Valhalla, Helheim, and The Halls of Ran are four separate areas in on man text, the world of Norse mythology where as Hades is custom writing, one and Tartarus and the Elysian fields are two places within Hades. The Greeks and the Norse, two big groups a long time ago, were very big on myths and used them to explain everything and anything that didn’t make sense. It also so happens that the myths are very similar and reasonably different. So how might these to an essay, power house countries myths compare?

First off, the Greeks and the Norse came from totally to different areas and life style (World Book 257) On the Norse side you have all the Northern countries which ranged from a lot of different backgrounds and the Greeks who at one point were considered the greatest country. The Norse, up north, had a difficult time. They had extreme drops of temperature during the winter with barley any light and essay-related-1.txt a great rise of temperature during the summer. Another thing is on man text, that Greeks and the North had a lot of basic ideas that were the same. Definition Research! They each had only one ruler of the gods and man, Zeus and an essay text Odin, and school 1 they each had wives, Hera and Frigg, that had a little less power than their husbands but more than the other gods.

Each had the certain realms such as a god of, war, love, seas/water, and underworld/death. This might not seem like a big thing but if you look at other myths from different groups you will find only one god or creator but the Greeks and an essay on man the Norse had gods for almost every different realm possible. Another thing you could conclude is that these gods kind of checked the essay importance in our power of on man Zeus/ Odin who also would check the importance of education in our life power of the gods. On Man! The Greek gods were more joyful and happy compared to the dark and gloomy Norse gods (World Book 257) The climate can be the reason for that but it also greatly affected the adventures and stories of the gods. With the Greek myths you could see that a lot of them were mainly love stories such as Venus and Adonis, Cupid and Psyche, and b/business essay-related-1.txt the story of Ceres, Proserpina, and Pluto. Even though most these stories don’t end up in a good way you can still tell by reading them that the personality was more playful compared to the Norse gods. The Norse myths were more about on man battle and struggle with usually an end result of of education life death such as the story of the an essay text Death of Blader or the stories of the two heroes Beowulf and importance of education in our life Siegfried. Both Greeks and Norse seemed to have the same idea of fate being important as it can be related to many of both their myths. The Norse called the gods of faith Norns and the Greeks used the now day word fate or Fates (World Book 257) both groups had three of these gods, they were females, and they both of course served the same purpose. One sets out the string of life, another decides the length and decides what is to happen to this person and the third cuts it off or ends it, which in simple form can be said as one sets the past, another the present, and the third the an essay on man future. it seems that the Fates and Norns were more superior then the gods themselves even though they fall into a different realm then the gods which truly shows how important these fates or this idea of fate was to the Greeks and Northen people (World Book 257) As you can see both the Greeks and Norse believed that their lives are predetermined and they can’t really do much about paper definition it.

The creation of the two stories is also slightly related. The Norse believed that the world was once frozen over and after years Ymir was born and Ymir was one of the first giants who was later killed by his grandchildren while the Greeks believed the world was formed from chaos were Gaea (mother earth) and on man text Uranus (the heavens), were created. You can draw out from both stories that the creation of the gods and world was a struggle and b/business school essay-related-1.txt 1 not a very good place until these superior gods came in power. This idea really shows how much honor both gods had from their people. In each creation story a god raised up to fight the current ruler which was usually. In the Greeks creation Cronus killed Uranus, who later followed the same fate as Uranus, and was killed by an essay Zeus and in animal essay right, the Norse myths Odin fought against Ymir the giant whose body created the earth and on man heavens.

The rulers of animal essay both stories can be viewed as brave and powerful because they both had to overthrow the last ruling god. Even with all the other gods it seems that no one comes close to the power that Zeus and Odin held. All in all the great Greek myths and on man the Norse myths are very similar in basic concepts and structure. A lot of other groups used myths but nothing can compare to the Greek and Norse myths with their great meaning and concluding reason for everything. Both sides are alike from the creation to the same power structure to the belief have having a preset faith. The only real difference is the mind set and personality of the stories which can be explained to the major difference of climate between these two countries.

Why might they be so similar? Was it that the same idea passed from Greek to Roman up north or was it just similar thinking, who knows. Only one thing is certain and that is that the Greek and Norse myths are very much alike. While the individual stories of the gods and heroes differ, there are a lot of similarities between the on man two. Both are polytheistic mythologies – they have multiple gods. Often the god can be seen affecting the earth through some natural phenomenon. For example, Zeus in Greek mythology and myself Thor in Norse both had a connection to text, lightning. Gods were often patrons of different trades or types of people. Both Demeter (Greek) and Skadi (Norse) were connected to the harvest. The greatest difference is in the end of the animal essay gods. In Greek mythology there is no apocalypse – no end of the world.

The gods will always be on Mount Olympus, ruling over the earth. Norse mythology, in contrast, had a definitive end of the world Ragnarok when great heroes of the past would return from the dead to do battle. During Ragnarok, it was said that the gods were fated to die – many of the an essay text “top” gods would die in battle with the greatest enemies and creatures of the mythology. Hundreds of years ago people did not have the technology to explain different forces of nature. They created gods, each with separate powers, to rule their domains. Some of the gods were merciful, some were wicked, and essay importance of education others were merely servants of more powerful gods. An Essay Text! Looking at definition research the gods, it is easy to tell what the civilization most valued.

I am going to look at the Greek and the Norse gods to an essay on man text, compare what was most important to writing prompts, their societies. Both cultures had a king of the gods. In Greek mythology there is no god who is more powerful than Zeus. He is the youngest son of Cronus and Rhea, ruler of the Titans. Cronus was told that one of on man his children would overthrow him, taking control of his kingdom. To be sure this would not happen; Cronus swallowed his first five children: Hestia, Demeter, Hera, Hades, and Poseidon. Rhea could not bear to see another one of her children, devoured so she replaced Zeus with a rock wrapped in swaddling. Cronus, thinking he ate Zeus, left Rhea time to leave Zeus in a cave where he was raised by a divine goat, Amaltheia (pantheon/odin). After Zeus was grown he went back to Cronus with the right help of Gaia and Metis, who made an elixir to on man, cause Cronus to importance life, vomit his brothers and on man text sisters.

Zeus then led the fights against the Titan dynasty. Afterwards they banished the Titans to Tartarus, the lowest place on definition earth, even lower than the underworld. Zeus and his brothers then drew straws to find who would rule where. Zeus gained rule of the on man text sky, Poseidon ruled the seas, and Hades ruled the underworld (pantheon/odin). Zeus is the god of law, justice, morals, thunder, lightning, and rain. It was his job to oversee and make sure laws were being kept. He was worshipped originally as a weather god.

He was depicted as a middle-aged man with a youthful appearance; he was regale and was almost always shown ready to admission essay custom prompts, throw a lightning bolt (pantheon/zeus). The large part of on man text today’s spiritual and intellectual ideas is the result of combining Greek and concluding an essay Norse mythology. Upon comparison of common beliefs held today and those from the an essay text days of old, surprising similarities can be found. The fact that these two sets of beliefs were combined is extraordinary, taking into account the concluding an essay about myself fact that Greek ideas are almost completely opposite when compared with Norse concepts. Greek mythology was created to escape the horrors found in a barbaric world, and is therefore blissful and dreamy. Norse mythology, by contrast, is gloomy and full of impending doom. Although a few similarities can be found, the on man text stark contrast between Greek and Norse mythology is much more obvious. The creation story, as told by Greek mythology, is very different to the Norse creation. In Greek mythology, the gods did not create the animal essay right universe; rather they were created by the universe. The first descendants of Chaos were Night, Day, Heaven, and Earth.

The gods were then descendants of Mother Earth and Father Heaven. As a direct contrast, in Norse mythology, the gods were responsible for building the universe. An Essay! In the Elder Edda, it is stated that, “of old there was nothing.” Giants were the first creatures created, and the gods were descendants of the first giant, Ymir. The gods then in turn slew Ymir and made the white paper definition research earth, sky, and heaven from his body. The Norse heaven, Asgard, is based on a completely different ideology than where the Greek gods dwelt, Mount Olympus.

There is no joy or bliss in Asgard, merely a dismal sense of doom. An Essay Text! Accompanied with Asgard is the unceasing threat of research inevitable and complete destruction. An Essay Text! The gods who inhabit Asgard know that one day Asgard will eventually be completely inebriated. Mount Olympus, by white paper definition contrast, is a place full of merriment and carefree celebration. The gods spend their time drinking ambrosia and toying with the forces of nature. Their every action is for on man their own joy and delight, not necessarily for the benefit of mankind. Never does any thought of devastation or doom cross their minds, for the gods of Mount Olympus cannot be brought down. Another distinction between Greek and Norse mythology is seen in the attitudes of their gods. Importance Life! The Greek gods are immortal and indestructible while the Norse gods know they will be defeated and annihilated by evil forces. The Greek gods are assured victory in any battle, and cannot be considered heroic for this very reason.

Every Olympian is immortal and invincible; they go into a battle sure of their victory and fearing nothing. A drawback to this great advantage is that the Greek gods never know the exhilaration in overcoming astounding odds, or the an essay on man text adrenaline that comes from confronting danger. The Norse gods are well accustomed to this type of stimulation, for they exist with the knowledge that they will one day be defeated. Essay Of Education! In the end, when the forces of good and evil fight the final battle, evil will succeed over an essay text the Norse gods. There is nothing the gods can do to essay on my writing experience, prevent their fate.

The gods do not give up, but will put up a strong fight until the very end. In all cultures, a hero is one who closely resembles the gods; therefore Norse heroes are always destined for doom, but face their fate fearlessly. Norse heroes confront disaster, knowing they cannot escape through heroic deeds. The Norsemen felt that the ultimate proof of a hero is continuing to resist while facing certain death. In this manner, the an essay on man hero dies undefeated, for he did not let even death falter his courage. Concluding Myself! Signy, a Norse heroine, embodies these ideas.

She dies along with her enemy after getting revenge for her family’s death. Her heroic death is on man text, more of a triumph than avenging the wrong done to her. Animal! Mark Twain stated that, “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear not absence of an essay text fear.” The Norse idea of a hero embraces this idea, but the Greek notion of a hero opposes it. Contrasting to the Norse heroes, Greek heroes are fierce warriors who seem unconquerable. Right! As Norse heroes are like Norse gods, so are Greek heroes like Greek gods in that they appear invincible. They slay monsters left and right, avenge those who have been wronged, and overcome all odds. The true test of on man text a Greek hero is found in his strength, courage, or lack of fear, and school brave deeds.

Hercules, the quintessential Greek hero, was the most loved and most famed of all heroes in Greek culture. The son of a mortal woman and Zeus, Hercules is half god and half human. Oftentimes appearing godlike himself, Hercules possesses an incredible amount of strength, and fears nothing. An Essay! His innumerable counts of bravery even include aiding the gods in conquering the Giants. A major difference between Greek and Norse mythology can be found in the personalities of essay custom prompts Zeus and Odin. The Greek Zeus is on man text, Lord of the Sky and ruler over all the other gods. He is admission, a powerful god with the ability to induce fear, but also, “a capital figure of fun.” Zeus is supposed to have upheld the standards of right and wrong, but this is not always a very high standard.

He entertains numerous affairs with mortal women and an essay delights in causing trouble for mankind. Zeus is often pictured as amorous, joyful, and comic. Odin, Zeus’ Norse counterpart, is also the sky father and ruler of the other Norse gods. Other than their similar roles in mythology, Zeus and 1 Odin could not be more opposite. Odin is always described as being strange, solemn, and on man text detached, a probable result of in our life his constant grapple with threatening doom. While Zeus spends his time frolicking with other women, Odin seeks as much knowledge as possible, often gained only text through physical trials. He alone bears the admission custom brunt of the responsibility for delaying as long as possible the text day of complete destruction. The chasm between Greek and Norse mythology is huge. Norse mythology is full of despair, sacrifice, and desolation, creating a dark and gloomy portrayal of Norse culture.

The only bright spot in Norse mythology is remarkable heroism, which is characteristically marked by the death of the importance of education protagonist. Greek mythology contains stories of great victories over evil, love, adventure, and a carefree life. The hero inevitably wins and mankind is always celebrated. It seems impossible that the two could become one, but as different as they are, Greek and Norse mythology have combined to form the culture of the modern world. The Norms exist in the Norse mythology as the three creatures that determine Fate. Before they came to an essay text, Asgard time did not exist. Because of concluding myself this, one can say that the Norms are above the gods in such meaning that the gods cannot stop the Norms from doing their job, which is to create time. Without time one cannot determine Fate, because then you don’t know when the events are going to take place or in which order. The Norms visit each being, human or god, immediately after they are borne to determine his or her future. Even though some stories say that there are many Norns, there are usually three mentioned; Urd (past), Skuld (present) and Verdandi (future).

These creatures live by the first root of on man text Yggdrasil (the world tree) next to a well, which is known as the Well of white paper definition Fate. Every morning they come out of the cave they spend their night in, then scoop up water and mix it with the sand around the tree to create magic dough. They spread it on Yggdrasil to prevent it from become rotten and preserve the life spirit of the tree (Kirk, 1974). The Fates of text Greek mythology are also known as the white paper research Moirae or Apparotioners. These three females decide how long every individual is going to an essay, live. They were sometimes considered superior to the gods. Animal Essay Right! They were called Clotho (the Spinner), Lachesis (the Drawer of Fates) and on man text Atropos (Inevitable). Clotho comes to the newborn and spins out the school 1 thread of life, Lachesis measures it and decides what is going to happen to this being and Atropos cuts it off. (Kirk, 1974).There is a verse about them to remember what they did: Clotho colum retinet, Lachesis net, et Atropos occat, which means Clotho holds the spinning wheel, Lachesis spins and Atropos cuts it off. (B3) They are often imagined sitting around a cauldron or a spinning wheel. (Kirk, 1974).In both sets of mythologies the creatures that determine Fate are identical in purpose, gender and an essay number.

They are both above the gods and their jobs are inevitable for everyone. No one can go against essay right, the Fates. There are several Greek stories, which tell about the tragedy of the persons who try to overcome their fate (e.g. Oedipus). In Norse mythology Odin himself learns about an essay on man his fate (being killed during Ragnar??k, the importance in our life doomsday, by the wolf Fenris) from the Norms, and there is nothing he can do about it but prepare himself and his allies.

Both the Norms and the Fates were thought as sitting around something circular, this may represent the circle of life, which is not exclusive to these myths. If we consider the mythologies as a reflection of the society, the conclusion is on man, that both the Greeks and Vikings believed that their lives were already decided and writing one can only follow his/hers fate. This maybe made it easier for people to live, as no matter what they did it was already predicted. As written, the power of the Weird Sisters was inevitable for everyone (Kirk, 1974). The Greek and Roman Mythologies have fascinated human beings for centuries, inspiring books, movies, research, and conversation among those who want to learn more and who want to an essay on man, share the fables of the Gods and Goddesses. Their stories (myths or mythos, depending on the origin), their triumphs and failures, and their imminent Immortality has been the influence of many other religions, including Paganism and Norse Mythology. Unfortunately, many people do not know the custom writing prompts differences between Greek and Roman mythology, assuming that the two are interchangeable at will. In reality, the two are very different from one another, and capture almost opposing life values that are central to the people of the an essay text time.

Greek and Roman gods were not worshipped, as the Christian God is, but rather used as a model for how mortal humans should and should not behave. The Greeks came first, some 1,000 years before the Romans. Their most appreciated work, the Iliad, was distributed 700 years before the Roman’s most popular manuscript, the Aeneid. The Iliad was based on at least 300 years of myths and stories, which were gathered from the tales passed down by mortal observant, which certainly correlates with the Christian Bible. It was not meant as a holy scripture, however, but as a recorded history of the Greek Gods and Goddesses, who were revered by men during that time. The Greeks were focused primarily on life on earth, versus the eventuality of the essay on my writing experience afterlife.

They believed that a man’s worth was determined by his actions during his life, and that his true immortality was in the remembrance of his gifts to the world. On Man! His traits, his personality, and b/business school 1 his interaction with other people spoke for his self-worth. Gods and an essay Goddesses were based on in our life human personality traits – such as Love, Honor, Dignity, and Hatred – and their actions in an essay, myths were symbolic of the actions of men. Custom Prompts! Many myths involved a mortal or a deity snatching something back from the Underworld, which illustrated their belief that the afterlife was not of on man text any concern, and that it was the pysical world that was important. Poets, artists, and those who gave themselves to creative pursuits were well-honored by the Greeks. They held creativity above physical works in the mortal and mythical world; myths reflected those personal traits and concluding about were meant to expose the positive and an essay on man text negative aspects of humanity.

Deities were important to the progression of life, but mortal heros were just as sacred, for it was their contributions to society that mattered in the end. Individualism was also very important; the actions of a group were not as consequential as the actions of an individual. Men were responsible for their own well-being, and could not be bothered by concluding myself the mistakes of the masses. Romans, on the other hand, were far more disciplined than the Greeks, and focused on actions rather than words. Whereas the Greeks revered the poet, the Romans held up the warrior as the epitome of sanctity, and rewarded bravery and risks taken by both mortals and deities. Text! They strongly felt that good deeds on an essay about myself earth would be well-received in Heaven, and they strove to an essay on man, earn their place among the Gods in the afterlife. In fact, they believed that if one performed well enough in life, that they would transcend to Gods after death.

The Romans adopted many of the myths and deities of the Greeks, though they changed names and circumstances to support their own beliefs. For example, the Roman Gods were not individualistic, as were the Greek Gods, and were named after objects and essay right actions rather than human characteristics. An Essay! Myths were rooted in the brave, heroic acts of the essay on my Gods, and rarely displayed the lives of mortals, because mortal life was not as important as that after death. Also, Roman Gods and Goddesses were often not gender-specific, since their individual characteristics were not central to their actions. An Essay On Man Text! Roman and admission essay custom writing Greek Mythologies are decidedly different, though they are rooted in on man text, similar histories. A study of animal essay their individual characteristics illustrates the values and beliefs of the Greeks and Romans respectively, and can offer a better understanding of how these myths and anecdotes originally came about. In Western culture there are a number of literary or narrative genres that scholars have related in different ways to myths. Examples are fables, fairy tales, folktales, sagas, epics, legends, and an essay on man etiologic tales (which refer to right, causes or explain why a thing is the way it is). Another form of tale, the an essay text parable, differs from 1 myth in on man, its purpose and character.

Even in the West, however, there is no agreed definition of any of these genres and some scholars question whether multiplying categories of concluding an essay narrative is helpful at all, as opposed to working with a very general concept such as the traditional tale. Non-Western cultures apply classifications that are different both from the Western categories and from one another. Most, however, make a basic distinction between “true” and “fictitious” narratives, with “true” ones corresponding to what in the West would be called myths. If it is accepted that the category of traditional tale should be subdivided, one way of doing so is to regard the various subdivisions as comparable to bands of color in a spectrum. Within this figurative spectrum, there will be similarities and analogies between myth and folktale or between myth and legend or between fairy tale and folktale. In the section that follows, it is assumed that useful distinctions can be drawn between different categories. It should, however, be remembered throughout that these classifications are far from text rigid and that, in animal essay right, many cases, a given tale might be plausibly assigned to more than one category. The importance of studying myth to an essay, provide a key to a human society is experience, a matter of historical record. In the middle of the 19th century, for instance, a newly appointed British governor of an essay on man New Zealand, Sir George Grey, was confronted by the problem of how to come to terms with the school essay-related-1.txt Maori, who were hostile to the British.

He learned their language, but that proved insufficient for an understanding of the way in an essay text, which they reasoned and argued. An Essay! In order to be able to conduct negotiations satisfactorily, he found it necessary to study the an essay on man text Maori’s mythology, to which they made frequent reference. Other government officials and Christian missionaries of the 19th and 20th centuries made similar efforts to understand the essay importance of education in our life mythologies of nations or tribes so as to facilitate communication. On Man Text! Such studies were more than a means to an end, whether efficient administration or conversion; they amounted to the discovery that myths present a model or charter for man’s behavior and that the world of myth provides guidance for crucial elements in right, human existence–war and peace, life and death, truth and falsehood, good and evil. In addition to an essay on man, such practically motivated attempts to understand myth, theorists and scholars from many disciplines have interested themselves in on my experience, the study of the subject. A close study of myth has developed in the West, especially since the 18th century. Much of its material has come from the study of the Greek and on man Roman classics, from which it has also derived some of its methods of interpretation. The growth of philosophy in ancient Greece furthered allegorical interpretations of myth–i.e., finding other or supposedly deeper meanings hidden below the surface of mythical texts. Essay On My Writing Experience! Such meanings were usually seen as involving natural phenomena or human values. An Essay! Related to this was a tendency toward rationalism, especially when those who studied myths employed false etymologies. Rationalism in this context connotes the admission custom writing scrutiny of myths in such a way as to make sense of the statements contained in them without taking literally their references to gods, monsters, or the an essay on man text supernatural.

Thus, the ancient writer Palaiphatos interpreted the story of Europa (carried off to Crete on writing the back of a handsome bull, which was actually Zeus in disguise) as that of a woman abducted by a Cretan called Tauros, the Greek word for bull; and Skylla, the bestial and cannibalistic creature who attacked Odysseus’ ship according to Homer’s Odyssey, was by the same process of rationalizing interpreted as simply the name of a pirate ship. Of special and long-lasting influence in the history of the interpretation of myth was Euhemerism (named after Euhemerus, a Greek writer who flourished about 300 BC), according to which certain gods were originally great people venerated because of their benefactions to an essay on man text, mankind. The early Church Fathers adopted an school essay-related-1.txt 1 attitude of an essay modified Euhemerism, according to which classical mythology was to be explained in terms of mere men who had been raised to superhuman, demonic status because of their deeds. By this means, Christians were able to incorporate myths from the admission prompts culturally authoritative pagan past into a Christian framework while defusing their religious significance–the gods became ordinary humans. The Middle Ages did not develop new theoretical perspectives on myth, nor, despite some elaborate works of historical and etymological erudition, did the Renaissance. An Essay On Man! In both periods, interpretations in terms of allegory and Euhemerism tended to predominate. About 1800 the Romantics’ growing fascination with language, the postulation of an Indo-European language family, the study of paper definition research Sanskrit, and the growth of comparative studies, especially in history and an essay philology, were all part of a trend that included the study of myth. Animal Essay Right! The relevance of Indo-European studies to an understanding of Greek and Roman mythology was carried to on man text, an extreme in the work of Friedrich Max Muller, a German Orientalist who moved to Britain and undertook important research on comparative linguistics. In his view, expressed in such works as Comparative Mythology (1856), the mythology of the custom writing original Indo-European peoples had consisted of allegorical stories about the workings of an essay nature, in particular such features as the sky, the Sun, and the dawn. In the course of time, though, these original meanings had been lost (through, in Muller’s notorious phrasing, a “disease of language”), so that the myths no longer told in a “rationally intelligible” way of phenomena in the natural world but instead appeared to describe the “irrational” activities of gods, heroes, nymphs, and others. For instance, one Greek myth related the pursuit of the nymph Daphne by the god Phoebus Apollo.

Since–in Muller’s interpretation of the evidence of comparative linguistics–“Daphne” originally meant “dawn,” and “Phoibos” meant “morning sun,” the original story was rationally intelligible as “the dawn is put to b/business school, flight by text the morning sun.” One of the problems with this view is, of course, that it fails to school essay-related-1.txt 1, account for the fact that the Greeks continued to tell this and similar stories long after their supposed meanings had been forgotten; and they did so, moreover, in the manifest belief that the stories referred, not to nature, but precisely to gods, heroes, and other mythical beings. Interest in myth was greatly stimulated in Germany by Friedrich von Schelling’s philosophy of text mythology, which argued that myth was a form of expression, characteristic of a particular stage in human development, through which men imagine the Absolute (for Schelling an all-embracing unity in which all differences are reconciled). Scholarly interest in myth has continued into the 20th century. Many scholars have adopted a psychological approach because of interest aroused by the theories of definition Sigmund Freud. Subsequently, new approaches in sociology and anthropology have continued to encourage the study of myth. Text! In the industrialized Western society of the 20th century, myths and related types of tales continue to be told.

Urban folklorists collect stories that have much in essay importance of education life, common with the tales collected by the Grimm brothers, except that in the modern narratives the an essay lone traveler is likely to be threatened, not by a werewolf, but by a phantom hitchhiker, and the location of his danger may be a freeway rather than a forest. Computer games use sophisticated technology to represent quests involving dragons to of education in our, be slain and on man princesses to be saved and married. The myth of Superman, the superhuman hero who saves the world and preserves “the American way,” is a notable image embodying modern Americans’ confidence in the moral values that their culture espouses. Not dissimilar are myths about the early pioneers in the American Wild West, as retold in countless motion pictures. Such stories often reinforce stereotypical attitudes about the moral superiority of the settlers to the native Indians, although sometimes such attitudes are called into essay writing experience question in other movies that attempt to demythologize the Wild West. A particular illustration of the power that myths continue to exert was provided as late as the 1940s by the belief in the existence of an Aryan racial group, separate from and superior to the Semitic group. Text! This myth was based in part on the assumption that peoples whose languages are related are also related racially.

The fact that this assumption is spurious did not prevent the Aryan myth from gaining wide acceptance in Europe from the 18th century onward, and it was eventually to animal right, provide a supposed intellectual justification for the persecution of the Semitic Jews by their Aryan Germanic “superiors” during the period of Nazi domination. An Essay On Man! This episode suggests that, in politics, a myth will take hold if it serves the interests and focuses the aspirations of a particular group; the truth or falsity of the myth is irrelevant. In a sense, of course, this function is merely an extension of its more general role in religion, where a myth, as well as addressing questions such as a society’s place in the cosmos, may serve to justify a particular kind of governmental organization. In conclusion, if we think of myths as true, if we believe in b/business essay-related-1.txt, them, then obviously, we are thinking in religious terms. But belief is also psychological: some say humans need to believe in some power greater than them. Others, like Joseph Campbell, see the origins of myth and religion in the psychological response of early man to the trauma of death. Thus, belief in a greater power arises when humans are faced with the mystery of what happens after death. The earliest efforts to an essay text, rationalize myth by seeing it as disguised history, as disguised philosophy, or as fables illustrating moral truths all proceeded from a desire to make the white seemingly irrational and immoral actions of gods and men appear rational and moral.

Thus, bizarre or grotesque elements in the stories could be rationalized as disguised history, philosophy, or morality. However, these early rationalizes often ignored elements of the myths which did not fit into their allegorical schemes and made little attempt to text, look at myths psychologically or symbolically, or to place the them in their proper historical context. (The “history” of experience these early “euhemerizers” was often mere wishful thinking, as when they saw Zeus as a tribal hero who had been deified.) But myths do embody historical, philosophical, and moral elements; we must search for them more carefully than early mythologists did. Students should remember, however, that the symbolic, religious, ritual, or magical explanations that myths offer may differ from on man modern scientific or historical explanations. Something as great as God may be quite difficult for limited human minds to comprehend, Joseph Campbell says we can only an essay about know God through stories and symbols, or myth. But our stories are human and limited, and thus cannot, according to text, Campbell, tell literal truths, but all can and on my do tell metaphoric and symbolic truths. Ritual is another way in which humans attempt to embody or even call upon on man, the unknown. Ritual patterns may reappear in admission essay writing, myths and mythic motifs may be reflected in rituals (Hero 381). But there is no easy rule for tracing the influence of ritual on myth or vice-versa. Mythologists continue to argue whether the repetitive patterns of motifs and plot seen in many myths stem from ritual patterns (Hero 381), or from psychological archetypes inherent in an essay, humans, or from the repetition common in oral forms of essay right storytelling (Hero 381). No one way offers a key to the interpretation of myths, but all can offer insights to different motifs and plot elements. When interpreting myths, students should remember Campbell’s wise advice: “There is no final system for the interpretation of myths, and there never will be any such thing” (Hero 381).

This may sound like a cheerless sentence, but cheer up: there may be no foolproof system, but there are ways to trap the truth in myths. According to Campbell, myths are like the god Proteus (sometimes called the Old Man of the Sea) in an essay, the Odyssey who “always speaks the truth” (Homer 52, my emphasis). But first you must catch him and custom prompts hold onto him, which isn’t easy because he constantly changes shapes in an essay, order to get away. “He will turn into all sorts of shapes to try you, into all the school 1 creatures of an essay that live and on my writing move upon the earth, into water, into blazing fire; but you must hold him fast and an essay on man press him all the harder” (Homer 53). Great advice for any student of myth! Hold onto on my experience that story, no matter how much it changes or how weird it seems, and eventually it will calm down and answer your questions.

But Proteus only answers the specific questions put to an essay, him. So, to get good answers, you have to ask a lot of different questions. Brandenberg, Aliki .The Greek Gods and Goddesses of animal essay right Olympus. p. 30. 1994. Burkert, Walter. Ancient Mystery Cults. Cambridge: Harvard UP, 1987. Campbell, Joseph. The Hero with a Thousand Faces.

2nd ed. Princeton: Princeton UP, 1968. Cook, Zeus Cambridge University Press, 1914, I, figs 397, 398. Curtius, Ernst Robert. European Literature and the Latin Middle Ages. Trans. Willard R. Trask.

New York: Harper, 1963. David Syme Russel. Daniel. An Essay On Man! (Louisville, Kentucky: Westminster John Knox Press, 1981) 191. Dundes, Alan. On My Writing Experience! “The Flood as Male Myth of Creation.” The Flood Myth. Ed. Alan Dundes. Text! Berkeley: U of California P, 1988. 167-182. Durant, The Life of Greece (The Story of Civilization Part II, New York: Simon Schuster) 1939:23. Eliade, Mircea. The Myth of the Eternal Return or, Cosmos and History.

1949. Trans. Willard R. Trask. Definition Research! Princeton: Princeton UP, 1965. Finley, M. I. The World of Odysseus. New York: Meridian Books, 1959. Gennep, Arnold van. The Rites of Passage. 1909. Trans.

Monika B. Vizedom and G. L. Caffee. Text! Chicago: U of Chicago P, 1960. Greek and Roman Mythology”, Mythology: Myths, Legends, Fantasy, Sweet Water Press, 2003, p. 21, ISBN 9781468265903. Thorfinnsson, Snorri . The prose Edda: Norse mythology. London: Penguin, 2005.

Print. Hesiod. Works and Days / Theogony. Trans. Essay Writing! Stanley Lombardo. Indianapolis: Hacket, 1993. Homer. The Odyssey. On Man! Trans. Importance Of Education! W. H. D. Rouse. New York: NAL 1937. Hamilton, Edith .Mythology (1998 ed.).

New York: Back Bay Books. p. 467. 1942. ISBN 978-0-316-34114-1. Jung, Carl Gustav and on man text Carl Ker??nyi. Essay-related-1.txt 1! Essays on a Science of Mythology. 1949. Princeton: Princeton UP, 1963. Kirk, G. S. The Nature of Greek Myths. New York: Penguin, 1974. Leach, Edmund. Claude L??vi-Strauss.

New York: Penguin, 1970. Morford, Mark P. O. and Robert J. Lenardon. Text! Classical Mythology. 4th ed. New York: Longman, 1991. Pointed out by Bernard Clive Dietrich, The Origins of in our Greek Religion (de Gruyter) 1973:15. Richard Wyatt Hutchinson, Prehistoric Crete, (Harmondsworth: Penguin) 1968:204, mentions that there is no classical reference to the death of Zeus (noted by Dietrich 1973:16 note 78). Rodney Castleden, Minoans: Life in Bronze-Age Crete, “The Minoan belief-system” (Routledge) 1990:125. Seznec, Jean. The Survival of the Ancient Gods. New York: Harper, 1961.

Wells,JohnC. Longman pronunciation dictionary. An Essay On Man Text! Harlow, England: Longman.1990. ISBN 0582053838. Search our thousands of essays: If this essay isn't quite what you're looking for, why not order your own custom History essay, dissertation or piece of coursework that answers your exact question? There are UK writers just like me on hand, waiting to help you. Each of us is qualified to a high level in our area of expertise, and we can write you a fully researched, fully referenced complete original answer to your essay question. Just complete our simple order form and you could have your customised History work in your email box, in as little as 3 hours. This History essay was submitted to us by a student in order to help you with your studies. This page has approximately words.

If you use part of this page in your own work, you need to provide a citation, as follows: Essay UK, Essay: Greek mythology compared to nordic mythology . Available from: http://www.essay.uk.com/essays/history/essay-greek-mythology-compared-to-nordic-mythology/ [04-10-17]. If you are the original author of this content and no longer wish to have it published on our website then please click on the link below to request removal: 18-02-17 - Tudor women 26-11-16 - Hungary – history 21-11-16 - 1913 Strike #038; lockout 07-11-16 - Haitian Revolution 06-11-16 - Pearl Harbor “A date which will live in infamy” 05-11-16 - Video game industry – USA - IMPACT OF THOUSAND YEAR LONG MUSLIM REIGN ON SUB CONTINENT - Displacement and admission trauma suffered by women during Partition of India post colonisation - Mahatma Gandhi and text Dr. Martin Luther King 03-11-16 - Impact of the Colored Revolutions on the Egyptian revolution.

We offer professional custom essay writing, dissertation writing and coursework writing service. Right! Our work is high quality, plagiarism-free and delivered on time. Essay UK is a trading name of Student Academic Services Limited , a company registered in England and Wales under Company Number 08866484 .